MyScouting.org is the BSA’s central online training hub. Pretty much all adult & leader training can be found there. And, while we prefer that you take your training classes in an interactive environment, we understand that sometimes, it’s just easier to take them at home on your computer when it’s convenient for you.
And to help you get started, here’s some easy steps. (Download this as an instructional PDF here.)
PROCEDURE TO CREATE A MYSCOUTING ACCOUNT, GETTING TRAINED OR RENEWING AN EXPIRED CERTIFICATE:
1. Go to www.myscouting.org
2. Renewing or Already have MyScouting Account: Input your ScreenName and Password; Skip to #8 below.
3. Becoming Trained for the First Time: Click on the “CREATE ACCOUNT” tab on the right under “New to MyScouting?”
4. Select a USER NAME. Then Click on the “NEXT” tab on the right.
5. Select the “I AM NEW AND DON’T KNOW MY MEMBER ID, OR AM NOT A MEMBER”. Then Click the “NEXT” tab on the right. (Your 9-digit number is on your BSA Registration Card.)
6. You will now arrive at REGISTRATION. Fill out your profile information and Click the “CREATE USER” tab on the right.
7. You will have now created a MyScouting account. Check your email for a message with a link to LOG IN AND SET YOUR PASSWORD. Once you have completed this, you can now sign on to your account with your username and password from the MyScouting.org homepage.
8. Once you login to your MyScouting.org homepage, you will see a vertical bar on the left hand side of the screen that says “MY PROFILE, TRAINING, UNIT TOOLS, EVENTS”. Go to the Training section and Click on “E-LEARNING”. Scroll down the page until you see “YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING”. Click on “TAKE COURSE”. The YPT course takes about 20 minutes to half an hour.
9. Once you have completed the course, print TWO certificates of completion. Keep one in a safe place for future use at home. Then give a copy to the Scoutmaster or Troop Trainer so that this information can be registered with your Pack and National BSA.
If you have any questions or concerns about MyScouting.org, please contact: